In this section
- Art, Design & Technology
- British Values
- Business Information Technology
- Curriculum Statement
- Careers Statement
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Sport, Health and Recreation
- House System
- Performing & Expressive Arts
- Learning Support
- Mathematics and Economics
- Personal, Social, Health & Citizenship Education (PSHCE)
- The School Buildings
The French department has continued to develop in the last few years with large numbers opting to continue study to GCSE and a continued successful provision at A level. The new MFL curriculum at KS3 has led us to diversify the resources and content that we use to include authentic materials (song, poetry, literature excerpts) and these changes are now flowing through to KS4.
We have invested in many interactive resources that students can access from home, including www.memrise.com and Pearson publishing’s new online student portal which we will be making available during the academic year. Independent study is a key element of successful language learning and as such students are expected to complete learning homework every week to build their vocabulary over time.
We have a number of native French speakers who work with us in the department and whose help students can call upon to develop their oral fluency. This is particularly important as we move to terminal exams at KS4 and students are always encouraged to take advantage of extra speaking sessions and clubs.
We have a varied programme of academic enrichment ranging from our part in the gifted and talented provision after school to trips abroad. Annual trips include visiting the Lille Christmas markets and a proposed summer residential in northern France for KS4 students.
Prospective year 12 students – attached below is the grammar workbook that we will focus on in the first two weeks of the course. See also the link to our new 2017/2018 year 12 French memrise group. https://www.memrise.com/group/104271/
For further information, please contact Mr Hood, Head of French and co Head of Languages
Please find below full details relating to the French curriculum for Year 7 to 13.
- Year 8 French Programme of Study Information
- Year 9 French Programme of Study Information
- Year 10 French Programme of Study Information
- Year 11 French Programme of Study Information
- Year 12 & 13 French Programme of Study Information
- French Reading List
- A level Scheme of Work (Year 12)
- Brochure grammaire AS preparation
- Year 7 French Programme of Study