Examination Results Day Arrangements
In this section
- Remote Education Provision
- Recovery Curriculum
- COVID-19 Catch-Up Premium Grant 2020-2021
- KFS 16-19 Tuition Fund Statement
- Art, Design & Technology
- British Values
- Business Information Technology
- Curriculum Statement
- Careers Statement
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- House System
- Performing & Expressive Arts
- Learning Support
- Mathematics and Economics
- Personal, Social, Health & Citizenship Education (PSHCE)
- Sport, Health and Recreation
Arrangements for Collection of Examination Results Summer 2020
Please be advised that due to the current national situation regarding Covid-19, the arrangements for the issuing and collection of A Level and GCSE examination results are slightly different logistically from previous years.
In line with normal procedures, results will be released for each cohort on two specific days as outlined below:
- Advanced Level results are published on Thursday 13th August 2020 8am - 4pm
- GCSE and equivalent results are published on Thursday 20th August 2020 8am - 4pm
On these days, students are invited in to collect their individual result slips in person and we very much hope that this will the case this year for the majority of students. We hope to be able to celebrate the achievements of our matriculating students as we normally would, including with photographs where possible.
To ensure that we discharge our duties for health and safety of students and stakeholders to the highest levels as you would expect, a number of procedures will be in place this year for results collection as follows:
Results can be collected from the Sports Hall from 8am on each of the two days up until 4pm.
- Students should enter the school site from their allocated entrance point which is the Front Year 7 Playground on Alleyn Park for students with surnames beginning A – M and the rear main gate on Bowen Drive for students with surnames beginning N – Z. Please do ensure that you use your allocated entrance to allow us to effectively manage the numbers of students on site.
- Students will be provided with access to PPE, including hand sanitiser, which should be used on arrival. Students should also wash their hands regularly whilst on site for at least 20 seconds using soap and running water. Students are permitted and encouraged to wear face coverings whilst on the school site in communal areas.
Specific Arrangements for Year 13 Students
- Year 13 students will be required to queue up in front of the New Music School to access the side front door entrance of the Sports Hall, ensuring a 2 metre distance between students and staff at all times. Numbers entering the Sports Hall will be strictly controlled. Once results have been collected, students will exit the Sports Hall from the read side door onto Bowen Drive.
- On the day of Year 13 results, Thursday 13th August 2020, a student UCAS support service will be in operation in the New Music School staffed by the Sixth Form team and online, for those students who wish to access it. Further details will be issued to students separately regarding this provision by Mr Unwin, Head of Learning – Year 13.
Specific Arrangements for Year 11 Students
- On the day of Year 11 results, Thursday 20th August 2020, students will be required to queue up in the back playground to access the ground floor music studio fire door, before moving upstairs to the Sports Hall main entrance. Students will be required to ensure a 2 metre distance between themselves and others, including staff & students at all times. Numbers entering the Sports Hall will be strictly controlled. Once results have been collected, students will exit the Sports Hall from the read side door onto Bowen Drive. Those students who wish to attend on-site 6th Form Enrolment which is taking place in the Atrium, will leave via the Music School lobby entrance and proceed through the blue stairs entrance in to the Atrium. Further details regarding the arrangements for students who have been issued with a conditional offer of a place at Kingsdale’s 6th Form from September 2020 and wish to enrol, have been issued separately. This includes arrangements for online enrolment which is also taking place.
Any result slips not collected on the day will be sent by post. Where results cannot be collected in person, please complete the Collection of Results Form (please access via link below) as we will require a signed letter of authorisation in advance from the candidate who permits the results to be given to a nominated person. Completed Collection of Results Forms should be emailed to email@example.com
Students who are unable to physically attend their results day can request that results are emailed to them on the day. Please complete the Collection of Results Form (please access via link below). Please note that results can only be emailed to the registered school email address held for the student.
Further information regarding the new Autumn 2020 Exam Season will be available in due course.
Further Information to Support Students Recieving Examination Results in Summer 2020
We are aware that students may be understandably unsure about the process by which their examination grades were confirmed this year in light of the exceptional situation caused by the COVID-19 national emergency. To assist students and their parents better understand this process, as well as what happens after examination results are recieved, there are a number of useful resources that have been created by the Department for Education and Ofqual, which can be accessed via the links below.
On both 13th and 20th August 2020, school staff will be on hand to assist and support students with any queries they might have regarding their results and the next steps that they can take should they have any queries or concerns. Specific information regarding post examination processes will be issued to students on the day and any queries can be directed to the Examinations Officer, Ms E Klingler, via firstname.lastname@example.org
DfE Information Sheet - Your Results- What Next? - Access this document here
Ofqual Information Sheet - Student Guide to Post-16 Qualification Results - Access this document here
Ofqual - Summer 2020 Examination Results Explainer Tool - Access this resource here
Ofqual - Student Guide to Appeals - Access this document here
Queries may be addressed to Ms E Klingler, Examinations Officer via email@example.com